Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Poetic Excuses

I'm sorry blog,
I've ignored you so.
My momentum has been shot.

I've skipped a week,
nearly made it two.
I forget an awful lot.

You see we've come,
To that time of year,
When we're busy as the bees.

First October and its spooky night.
Two children's costumes, what a pretty sight.

Next is November, that writing spree.
A whirlwind of words to be set free.

Then comes December with its celebration.
Can I send my baking to more than one nation?

And should I also dare to mention,
That I’ve gone and volunteered?
To help lead my daughter’s troop,
Of Daisy scouts so dear.

There’s also this class I’m taking,
For the writing mother.
Volunteering for the church
No wonder I’m all a flutter.

And last, but certainly not the least,
Phoenix Triumphant goes on,
Some writing and some edits,
Until the story’s dawn.


:} Cathryn Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Well.. not too bad a poem, considering I composed it about 30 minutes at 11:30 at night, which is well past my bedtime. In fact I'm going to bed now.

    Good night. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all! I like your poem. And don't worry - we all neglect our blog sometimes. I have some months where I've only posted once or twice due to lack of things to say and general business.

    Best of luck on all your endeavours! I read "spooky night" and went THAT'S ME! xD

    ReplyDelete