Well I’m out here in sunny Florida, enjoying the warm weather and recuperating from a friend’s wedding (three nights of parting – I can’t do it as easily as I used to). Anyway, earlier in the week/last week maybe, Miriam decided to tagged me with a blog chain letter. Normally I ignore chain letters, but I’ll go with this one as it makes my life a little easier. AS I said I’m on vacation at the in-laws with the kids. So, here are...
- You must post the rules – check
- Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post – Do I have to?
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged. – Really? I make no guarantees on the quality of the questions.
- Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs. – I’m going to do less, that’s for sure.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them! – Right. I’ll do my best.
- Have fun! – Um okay. But isn’t that what my vacation is for?
Now for the ...
- I got braces the summer before Fifth grade (year 6), right before I participated as a Dragon in a mummers play, at Pinewoods Dance Camp (Family Week).
- The year before that I got bifocals due to a stigmatism in one eye that made it hard for me to refocus from near to far and back again (I refused to wear them and didn’t start wearing glasses full time until college).
- I married my third boyfriend, whom I also consider my first.
- I think my kids handpicked the genes they got because there’s no way randomness would have created two such adorable kids from my hubby and I.
- I believe in Unicorns.
- All the surgeries I’ve had were related to my mouth – a gum graph, removal of six teeth (including two baby teeth that hadn’t fallen out yet), a root canal, and wisdom teeth removal.
- I’m having a hard time thinking of eleven facts.
- I had to be dragged from my laptop to go take a walk with my daughter this afternoon, as I’m still trying to recover my ‘quiet time’ I could use a day by myself.
- TV is a major distraction for me. I have a very hard time ignoring it, even when the volume is off, the images will still attract my eye. There is no way I can go to sleep in front of it like many people I know.
- I’ve sewn my thumb with my sewing machine once, but I didn’t have to go to the emergency room.
- I stepped on a rusty nail two weeks after I’d gotten my tetanus shot, which was also two days before I went to Summer camp for two weeks.
And now I must...
Answer the Questions Posed for Me
- What is the largest object to the right of the computer or other device on which you are writing this? – A restaurant sized red wine glass. Hey I’m on vacation. At home It’d be a china hutch.
- What was the last book you read? (Not finished. Just read.) – Anca’s Story, which is very emotional (I’ve cried nearly continually since chapter 3), and very awesome.
- Do you name inanimate objects? Yes, I mean who hasn’t named a stuffed animal!
- What was your response to receiving the message that you’d been tagged? (Be honest.) – Not again! / Do I have to? Or something along those lines.
- Do you have any pets? – Not yet, but there is a dog in our future, and maybe a cat.
- How many projects do you have going at the moment? – Do I really have to count, because it will probably depress me? I’ve got at least three writing/revising projects. One critiquing project and then there’s the sewing projects that are progressing even slower.
- What are you supposed to be doing instead of writing this post? – Nothing, as far as I know, maybe socializing, but I’ve no interest in watching TV. I hate TV, it always takes up more time that you want it to.
- How long have you been blogging? – Good question, I’ll look that up as soon as I go to post this, but definitely less than a year. Yup, it will be a year come mid June.
- Do you play any musical instruments? (Vocals count.) – Not officially, but I do sing to my children every night, using songs I learned from chorus.
- What is the last piece of orchestral music you listened to? – I have no idea, but it was last week on the XM radio.
- What is the oddest objects you can see right now? – A cookie tin being used to hold my nana-in-laws medication (it’s a big cookie tin and a long medication list). Though I suppose the bear rug/wall hanging that’s ‘sitting’ on the antique couch might be weirder.
Now I need to write my own...
- What was the last drink you had, or may be drinking right now?
- What is your favorite food topping?
- Do you prefer dogs or cats, and if neither, then what?
- How far are you living from where you were born?
- How many places have you lived for more than one year?
- When you write these questions, will you tailor them to the recipient(s)?
- What would you do if you found a bear rug in your living room?
- If you could ‘live’ one book (or movie) what would it be?
- What’s the best gift you’ve received so far?
- Pick one location that you would love to drop everything and go visit?
- What do you think should be everyone’s top priority?
Whew and now I must find some people to pass this off to. I can’t do Miriam, since she tagged me. Out of fun I’ll do Charley so she can be double posted and then... Naw, I won’t bother anyone else.
Just an FYI, I think this may be the last ‘chain blog’ I do.
:} Cathryn Leigh