For June’s edition I thought I’d take on Whowlaski’s left hand man, since I used the Good General for April’s Beautiful People. Chester would be Whoalwski’s right hand man, however, it’s his twin, York, who gets that honor. Thankfully, York isn’t nearly as evil. He’s just the better assassin. Chester, on the other hand, is a slime ball who likes Wholwaski’s methods.
1. What is their motive?
Revenge against all those whom Chester feels caused him and his twin, York, to be abandoned at birth. This list includes the Gods, as he feels it's their fault that twins are looked upon as 'bad news'.
2. What are they prepared to do to get what they want?
Anything except be kind and considerate (which I'm not sure he's capable of) or harm his twin.
3. Are they evil to the core, or simply misunderstood?
Originally it annoyance at being misunderstanding, which soon turned to grudge because no one saw his true potential. Then, after some cunning words from Wholwaski, his grudge has turned to hatred against the world.
|Ted Raimi is my pick to play|
Chester and York
4. What was their past like? What about their childhood? Was there one defining moment that made them embrace their evil ways?
Chester and York were abandoned at birth (due to the stigma of having twins). They were found by the Nigiri (Gods’ assassin) who wanted to retire, so he brought the newborns to the Gods to be raised to take his position. York was supposed to be The replacement assassin, but he refused to exclude his twin. Though they learned side by side Chester’s was never as good as York. This means Chester always got the easier jobs. When he’s tries for the harder ones, York ends up having to fix his debacles. His pivotal moment was when, York switched assignments with him. That was the day Chester tried to assassinate Wholawski and found himself facing an equal, who didn't even believe in the Gods. It was then that Chester switched sides.
5. Now that they’re evil, have they turned their back on everyone, or is there still someone in their life that they care for? (Brother? Daughter? Love interest? Mother? Someone who is just as evil as they are?)
Wholawski may have replaced the Gods in Chester's heart, but the General couldn't replace his twin. York and Chester share that mysterious twin bond and even if Chester could take out York, he wouldn’t.
6. Do they like hugs?
No. Definitely not. (York says he'll take them for his brother, though he prefers high fives)
7. Are they plagued by something? (Nightmares, terrible thoughts?)
Chester is definitely plagued by the ever present threat that his actions, especially his failures, could be the one that angers Wholawski enough to hurt York.
8. Who are they more similar to: Gollum or Maleficent?
Good question, I’m going to with Gollum, because he’s not the sharpest sword of the bunch.
9. If your villain could have their choice of transportation what would it be?
Willow transport. Ever since he stopped working for the Gods he hasn’t been able to use Willow trees to teleport from one location to another. Now he has to use horses like normal ‘mortal’ men, which really irks him.
10. If you met your villain in the street, how afraid would you be? Are they evil enough to kill their creator?
No, Chester wouldn’t kill me, York won't let him. He's more likely to kidnap me and take me to Wholawski, which would be a fate worse than death. So yes, I'd be afraid and hope York, Sarah or Hason would show up to save me.
And for the Bonus Question!
Does the dark side really have cookies?
No, not in this world. Baking cookies is as foreign to them as guns are.
(The web has amazing things - you can actually purchase gun cookie cutters. - How cookie is that? *snickers*)